Sunday, January 30, 2005

Afternoon Update

Jose Louis stopped by at 11 and picked us up and we walked around the town and went to a nice place for lunch. Great blackberry smoothies (actually they were raspberry) and a club sandwich.

We walked to the local park where on Saturdays and Sundays they have an outdoor market with local crafts and paintings. There were at least 1000 paintings on sale, some really nice ones... some crappy.
I worked on my haggling a bit and bought a small original oil painting for $10.

On the way back to the hotel we stopped by a Casino (mostly to try to get smaller bills) and we decided to try out the nickel slot machines. I won $60 on my first pull and then we left. Not bad... the people working there were a bit excited, but I had no idea how I won the $60 since it was all in Spanish and you hand to push little squares on the video screen, somehow I won 5 cents but then pushing these squares I got it up to a 1600X multiplier so I ended up get 1600 nickels. I gotta say... that is a one shit-load of nickels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home