Friday, February 11, 2005

The grand plan...

First the bad news... Mike decided to head back to Ohio last night so by time I am posting this he is probably nearing Houston.

We are heading back to Cotopaxi this afternoon, we will spend tonight at the lower Refugio (really nice place with showers) and then tomorrow we will head back to the high Refugio (15,800 feet) and then Saturday night/Sunday morning we will attempt to climb Cotopaxi again.

Peggy is going off with a separate guide to try to climb Ruminahui (15,600 feet). She will start from the lower hut but I am not sure of the timing. I think this mountain requires some rock scrambling and it is supposed to be a great climb. Also... if the weather is nice, she will get an awsome view of Cotopaxi.

So... my next (and last) post will be from the Hotel in Quito on Sunday afternoon and hopefully (fingers and toes crossed) we will have a successful summit of Cotopaxi. We are not sure how many people will attempt it, but I know that I want another try, so depending on weather it could be 5 of us... or less, time and weather will tell.

As usual... check out http://ecuadorexpedition.blogspot.com for photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home