Saturday, January 21, 2006

Success on Cotopoxi

We started the climb this morning at 12:24am. Jose Louis lead Bruce and myself and we took it really slowly. This was my 4th attempt on Cotopoxi (as well as my last) and I am glad that Bruce and I summited together. The other rope team was Rene with Scott, and Emilie with Daniel. Emilie was really tired and just couldn`t get up teh energy for the summit. Rene and Scott summited at 6am, Bruce and I at 7:38 am.
Cotopoxi is a tough mountain, it is steep steep steep. There were several spots that were a bit scary (high pucker factor).
However, there were no clouds, we climbed in start light and then sunny skies. A very tough, but great climb.
We are back in Quito now and tomorrow morning we all fly back home, all that is left is to goto the Cuban Restraunt for food and salsa dancing.
I`ll post a few photos when I get back home tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home